Top 20 visited site in Malaysia

Oct 10, 2009 |

 

The top sites here are ordered by their 1 month traffic rank. The 1 month rank is calculated using a combination of average daily visitors and page views over the past month. The site with the highest combination of visitors and page views is ranked #1.

 

#1 Facebook

Let’s us give a big congratulation to Facebook. Today everybody know Facebook. Facebook is a social utility that connects people, to keep up with friends, upload photos, share links and videos. Everyday when I online, first thing I will do is check my Facebook notification before starting my study or working. Most of the people today spend a lot of time in Facebook.

 

#2 Yahoo!

Yahoo! The first search engine in the world if I not mistaken. Yahoo! is my first surfing website when I was 6 years old, year 1996. When I asking my uncle to connect the internet for me, I always ask for Yahoo! because of Yahoo! game.

 

#3 Google Malaysia

Google is the top search engine in the world. Google Malaysia enables users to search specific information from Malaysia sites. People like to set Google Malaysia as their homepage.

 

#4 Youtube

YouTube is a way to get your videos to the people who matter to you. Upload, tag and share your videos worldwide!

 

#5 Google

World leading search engine. Fast and simple. Everybody know what is Google. The company's focus is developing search technology.

 

#6 Blogger.com

For every beginner blogger this is the best choice. Even I also use Blogger.com to set up my first blog, but it has limitation custmisation capability. I will be a better blog myself in later time.

 

#7 Bing

Bing is the new search engine from Microsoft, formerly call Windows Live.com. Bing has its own searching technology, I believe Bing will getting stronger and compete with Google. Bing is now the Google’s big enemy.

 

#8 Friendster

Friendster, my first social web I used in year 2004. Friendster was a leading global social network emphasizing genuine friendships and the discovery of new people through friends in around year 2004~2007. But today was beaten by Facebook. If Friendster not going to improve their system and feature, I believe Friendster’s ranking here will drop in the coming year.

 

#9 Microsoft Network (MSN)

It is a dialup access and content provider. Nothing special here, it ranked #9 high places is because all the Microsoft Windows Internet Explorer set MSN as its default homepage.

 

#10 Wikipedia

An online collaborative encyclopedia. Most of the students in Malaysia use it for reference.

 

#11 Myspace

Another social networking site, but I haven’t try it before, because I’m satisfy the Facebook.

 

#12 Maybank2u

Finally we saw Malaysia owned website after all the 11 ranking on the top. Maybank2u is a complete one-stop financial portal from Malaysia’s leading bank Maybank.

 

#13 Tagged

Tagged.com is another top social networking sites. I haven’t try it before, no comment.

 

#14 Mudah.my

Mudah.my is rank #2 in Malaysia owned website list after the Maybank2u. Mudah.my beaten Ebay in Malaysia. You can buy and sell your stuff in Mudah.my.

 

#15 The Star Online

Breaking news and views from Malaysia’s top English language news source.

 

#16 Zynga Inc.

Damn! I don’t know the existence of this website until today. Zynga is a game website, you can play game here. Wow, this ranking was proved Malaysian like to play game.

 

#17 WordPress

Free blogs managed by the developers of the WordPress software. Includes custom design templates, integrated statistics, automatic spam protection and other features.

 

#18 Malaysiakini

Malaysiakini.com, a subscription-based website, offers news and views that matter in Malaysia. Updated daily, the site has won several awards for its quality reporting. In English, Bahasa Malaysia, Chinese and Tamil. Malaysiakini.com became more famous today since the case government of Malaysia want to close down this website because of disallowed Malaysian to shout out loud here.

 

#19 RapidShare

Users can upload up to 100 meg files for sharing. Provides downloads of 100 megs per hour on the free service. Premium service also available. You can found a lot of pirated software, music, e-book and almost everything here.

 

#20 Lowyat.NET

Malaysia’s Tech Enthusiast Resource Community. Tech News, Reviews and hyper active discussion forums focusing on the Malaysian IT scene. Lowyat.NET ranked top 20 was surprised me. Lowyat.NET in the past days was just a small forum, but today it has a lot of registered users there and successful ranked itself in the high place. Wonder how much Lowyat.NET creator earn from the numerous advertisements in the website.

 

Will Chénsonism! rank in top 20 in the future? This vision will only success with the reader and visitor’s support and passion.

blog comments powered by Disqus