Kuala Lumpur World Marching Band Competition (KLWMBC) 2009

Dec 20, 2009 | ,

 

Kuala Lumpur World Marching Band Competition (KLWMBC) 2009 is a mega event for those marching band geek like me. This is the third time organising since year 2007.

 

I came to watch the show during the final day 19 Dec. So bad the organiser said 7.30pm start the competition, but we wait until 8.15pm only start. It is too lucky I got the RM100 ticket from somebody.

 

I’m expecting high quality of the show, but first few bands give me “boring”!

The quality show begin, when Boonwattana Marching Band come out with my favourite music Gladiator, but still surprises not enough.

 

The show I’m very enjoying is Victoria Institute Cadet Corp Band (VICCB). My thumb up!

This is the best show ever they perform. I’m so surprise their pit percussion set is so complete.

They perform well, but this is not the real VICCB, because I notice that a lot of ex-member performing inside.

 

[VICCB video will upload soon…]

 

After the VICCB, got another 2 bands from Thailand. Their sound is far powerful than VICCB.

 

Satriwitthaya 2 Marching Band is the champion band. Congrat! No comment, their sound is too powerful.

 

 

Chonkanyanukoon School Marching Band is the first runner up band. They perform well with very clear and good childhood story through out the show. Their colour visual effect is well designed.

 

 

Sultanah Asma Marching Band is the another band from Malaysia. They got the highest score in the previous round, but get second runner up in the final. Their music and formation is clean. But not enough surprise, if compare to VICCB.

 

[Asma video will upload soon…]

 

 

 

blog comments powered by Disqus